Sweet & Sour Onion Jam
This is a delicious topping for grilled meats and also perks up sandwich fillings. More like a delicious homemade relish.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, such as Vidalia, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 ½ tablespoons Splenda
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar, plus more to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and sweetener. Cover and cook for 10 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and most of their liquid has evaporated. Uncover and cook, stirring, until onions turn deep golden, 10 to 20 minutes more. Add little water if the onions start to scorch.
Add garlic and rosemary; cook for a minute, stirring, until fragrant. Add ¼ cup vinegar and cook for about 3 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt, pepper and more vinegar, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving – 2 Tablespoon||Calories: 81|