Our vision is, “Making it Easy to Eat Well.” Interestingly, the mission of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA) is helping people to eat well and live a healthy lifestyle. Eating well is eating the right combination of the right foods in the right amount. But most Americans will only hear “Eat Less.”
Simply put, Americans need to eat less:
- Less food
- less salt
- less sugar
- less saturated fat
Why Eat Less?
The answer is easy – the obesity rate is skyrocketing! Obesity related diseases like Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney failure, heart attacks, and stroke are killing Americans everyday. Teenagers are now developing Type 2 diabetes. The fact that almost 70% of Americans are overweight or obese highlights the fact that we need to eat fewer
calories. We need to teach ourselves and our children how to eat well.
Why We Don’t Eat Less?
Because it’s difficult. It is hard to keep score of how many:
- Calories we eat per day based on our age, sex, and activity level.
- Calories we eat per meal.
- Calories are in a serving or portion.
And, even worse – most Americans don’t know what the right amount of food in the right proportions looks like on the right sized plate.
We want an easy solution – and there IS one!
It is longer-lasting than a diet or a killer exercise routine. We at Precise Portions created our weight management system to make it easy to eat well. Americans can meet their goal of eating well by using Precise Portions dinnerware system. Its made of porcelain, it is dietitian-designed, it helps everyone to eat less by reducing the size of the plates, bowls, and glasses to limit the amount of food we can place in them.
- 9 inch FOCUS plate offers a stylish design and written suggestion on serving sizes and where to place the food on it.
- 10 in LIFE-style plate offers a stylish design and no written suggestion on serving sizes and where to place the food on it – just place your food within the lines to eatwell and control your weight.
It is not just the dinnerware – it is a system of portion control solutions..
There is also educational information to suggest serving sizes, portion sizes, and proportion
of foods to eat in 3 formats:
- Menu Planning Place-mats
- Quick Start Guide for Healthy Eating (comes with every purchase from our store)
- a free for everyone website AND blog where you can learn how to eat well with videos, articles, and interactive tools
Diets by their very nature are short lived. I’m sure you have heard someone say, “I can’t wait to get off this diet.” The sad outcome is most of these people will re-gain the weight
lost and more. Also, many people start a gruelling exercise routine that is unsustainable – in one to 2 months they are back to a lesser, more comfortable routine (hopefully no injuries).