Indulge in a yummy treat, without blowing your diet! Gluten-free flourless cookies, both fudgy and rich with less than 70 calories per cookie.
Both light and crisp at the edges, the centers are fudgy and rich like that of a brownie. At 68 calories each, these cookies are much lighter and don’t take much time at all. Simply whip these up while the oven is preheating.
Recipe Note: Most people have had better luck with 3 egg whites, while others have had success with the recipe as written. You may want to commence with 3 egg whites and only add the 4th egg white if needed.
Since these are flourless fudge cookies, the batter is not a thick cookie batter. Therefore, please take note that the cookies would be thin, with crispy edges and soft middles, ideal for individuals looking forward for a softer, chewier & gluten-free cookie with add-ins.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 8 minutes Total Time: 13 minutes Servings: 34 Calories: 68 kcal
- 3cups of Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cups of unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Spray mats with nonstick cooking spray. You can also line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt.
- Stir in the vanilla and egg whites.
- Whisk just until the batter is moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheets. Leave enough space between each cookie for them to spread (roughly about 2 ½ ” of space between each cookie).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet, and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Nutrition facts have been estimated.