Aren’t there days when you wake up feeling dull and lethargic – that you wished it was a holiday and that you didn’t have to go to work or do your exercise? Or weren’t there days when after an intense workout you felt so tired and exhausted that you thought “enough is enough” and almost gave up exercising?
Banish all those days forever with fitness smoothies 😉
A fitness smoothie is a carefully calibrated smoothie made from vegetables, fruits maybe some milk and usually some added fortification (such as protein powder) and here’s how it fits your exercise regimen:
- It is easy to make
- Can be low-calorie smoothie or as heavy on the calories as you like.
- Can be carefully calibrated in terms of vitamins, proteins, fiber, minerals and fats. This makes it great for your exercise regimen.
- The fruit in the smoothie provides you with near instantaneous energy release which is vital for those ‘after exercise’ moments when you feel totally drained out.
- The veggies in the smoothie take bit longer than the fruit to digest. This results in a slow release of energy. So first you are hit with a high voltage from a quick energy release from the fruit in the smoothie and then as the vegetables digest, you are slowly topped-up-to-full. It is the perfect re-nourishment method.
- The veggies in the smoothie provide you with the goodness of fiber, proteins, minerals, vitamins and trace elements.
- The additive (such as protein powder, Whey, Casien, ProComplex, etc.) provides you with the extra nourishment your dietitian or physical trainer has prescribed and having it with a smoothie is a great way to ensure all round nutrition and easy digestion.
- A smoothie freshly made from freshly cut fruits will provide loads of anti-oxidants.
- You can pretty much mix and match the ingredients to suit your tastes and requirements in fact, with a humble blender and a well-stocked refrigerator you can be your own smoothie bar!
- A fitness smoothie costs less than making a small meal for yourself and maybe just 1% of the cost of any two-bit commercial weight loss/ weight gain / body building program.
- By consuming fewer calories per day, other things remaining the same, a fitness smoothie helps you reduce weight quite dramatically. As a bi-product, it boosts your immune system, and gives your skin a healthy glow.
- So whether you are reducing weight, maintaining weight or simply building a great body, you can tailor make fitness smoothie to suit your precise requirement or exercise regimen.
- The quick, followed by the slow energy release pattern of a typical fitness smoothie has been medically acknowledged as the best way to re-nourish the body after a tough exercise regimen.
Browse our fitness smoothies’ recipes – stay healthy!