For most, losing weight is never easy and when you aim to lose 20 pounds or more that’s even more tough but not impossible. So here is our expert diet plan to lose 20 pounds. Read on.
Set your weight loss goal and be aware!
Most people tend to be vague about the quantum of weight they wish to lose. They are happy to lose a few pounds and overwhelmed if they are able to lose more. Very few have any kind of real target in mind. So to set a weight lose target in mind, is downright phenomenal. Our experts show you how you can achieve it.
Before we begin, here are some dos and don’ts:
- Don’t set yourself a deadline e.g. lose 20 pounds in 5 weeks etc. – you are bound to fail.
- Don’t opt for special diet plans that promise to lose specific quantum of weight within a certain time limit. These types of diets are downright dangerous.
- Don’t opt for diets that are less than 1,700 calories per day – you would end up starving and this would be counter-productive.
Some basic rules for your diet plan to lose 20 pounds to be successful
You may eat carbohydrates within half hour of your exercise but not after that. Carbohydrates eaten within half hour of exercise are digested quickly and converted into energy rather than fat.
In our diet plan to lose 20 pounds, our experts have outlined a broad direction for you. They have done this because it would be impossible to impose a diet created by someone else. A strict preset diet is doomed to fail. So utilize the mix-and-match technique to eat meals consisting of the following food groups:
Source your proteins from:
- Egg whites
- Chicken (with fat trimmed off)
- Organic beef (with fat trimmed off)
- Pork (with fat trimmed off)
- Mutton (with fat trimmed off)
- Oil rich fish (will supply you with Omega-3 and proteins)
- Low fat yogurt, low fat milk
Vitamins, minerals and fibers:
- Fresh fruit (avoid anything canned)
- Lentils, Black beans, Pinto beans
- Whole grain low-fat cereals, green leafy vegetables
- Salads without dressing
Keep your meals simple.
Fat is important, too!
Don’t avoid oil instead, use as little of it as possible. Read about the good fats, if needed.
The food groups mentioned in our diet plan to lose 20 pounds are to be consumed in the follow percentages:
- 60% – Vitamins, minerals and fibers excluding fresh fruit
- 15% – Proteins
- 25% – Fresh fruit
Use the USDA or other websites to calculate the calories of the food you consume.
Here’s how you do it: Cook and consume your meals using the above food groups. Then visit a site that offers a calorie meter. Total up the amount of calories you’ve consumed.
Since you plan to lose 20 pounds, the ideal calorie limit would be between 2,000 and 2,200 per day of which, you should plan to utilize about 300 calories in exercise. Reduce or increase the food quantities as required until you reach your target of around 2,000 calories per day.
If you feel very weak during your exercise routines, you are probably eating more of vegetables and less of proteins or less of lentils, beans etc. Remember that a cup of vegetables is high in vitamins and minerals but low in calories (around 15 calories per cup).
Follow our diet plan to lose 20 pounds and we promise you, you will lose weight slowly, steadily and more importantly – safely.