What to do:
- Have a plan and set up a goal such as swimming every weekend, enroll in ballroom dancing for a 3 times a week classes, invite a friend to go walking with you for 30 minutes every morning, or any other activity that you will enjoy.
- Combine your activities that will match up with your schedule. Most often we say that we don’t have time to exercise. But if we schedule it well and make it a priority, we can do it.
- Alternate with the appropriate type of exercise needed, aerobic, strength training, flexibility, muscle building, etcetera. It does not always have to be one type every time. This will spare boredom.
- Limit your sit-down times like TV watching, playing at the computer, and the likes. Couch potatoes are commonly overweight and have different illnesses.
- Move as much as possible. Take the stairs than the elevator, walk to the store if not so far away than riding the car, use the TV dial than the remote, offer to walk the dog, etcetera.
- Remind yourself with this ACTIVITY PYRAMID, print and post in your room where you can often see.