Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing
Avocado is a bit like potato chips, “you can’t just eat one” serving. If you love avocados and are now focused on learning more about portion control, this is test number 1 – can you actually use only 1/4 cup in a recipe? We’re betting that you can! Remember, it is one of sources of mono-unsaturated fats (45 calories per 1oz or 2 Tbsp). Hey, but if you love avocados and ranch dressing, this Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing is for you!
Makes 5 servings
- ¼ cup ripe avocado
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (try mayonnaise light – 45 calories per tablespoon)
- ¼ cup sour cream (try light sour cream – 40 calories per tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
Mash avocado in a bowl, then stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk and vinegar. Sprinkle with salt, parsley, dill, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until well blended, chill until ready to serve.
|Amount Per Serving – 1 Tablespoon||Calories: 125|